Position Description: IVPA Intern – Operations and Communications
Dates: May 2012 – December 2012
Application Deadline: April 28, 2012
Wage: Internship is unpaid but a stipend or travel options available.
The International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA) is an association of non-governmental organizations involved in international volunteer work and internship exchanges. IVPA stands for quality and responsibility in the field of international volunteer abroad programs. Members uphold the IVPA’s Principles and Practices as guidelines for good programming as well as meet stringent membership criteria
The Main Duties of this position are to support the services offered by International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA).
The Responsibilities of this position will vary but may include the following:
- Respond to general email and phone volunteer inquiries
- Provide support and development for IVPA’s Annual Conference
- Research Best Practices and Special Topics for the field or international volunteering, and the wider travel industry.
- Provide ideas and content for IVPA Blog and Newsletter
- Support administrative projects and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in international volunteering, cross-cultural exchange and/or previous international travel or study abroad experience
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Understanding and experience with social media platforms
- Strong writing and copy writing skills
- Undergraduate student or
Hours and Length of Service: Intern hours are flexible and will be arranged prior to start date. Intern must be willing to offer a minimum of six months’ of service or 200 hours. A seven month, or longer, commitment is preferred.
Supervision: Intern’s responsibilities and work arrangements will be coordinated with and supervised by the IVPA Director.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter & resume. Please email your application to email@example.com. Only applications received electronically will be reviewed. No calls please. Deadline: April 28, 2012. Thank you for your interest.