Position Description: IVPA Internship – Media and Communications
Approximate Dates: May 5 – August 22, 2014
Application Deadline: April 26, 2014
Location: This is not a location specific internship.
Wage: Internship is unpaid but a small stipend of $500 or discount on volunteer travel program options are be available.
The International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA) is a 501c3 nonprofit association dedicated to promoting awareness and access to quality volunteer aboard programs. IVPA is committed to standards of excellence in the field of international volunteering and IVPA member organizations must uphold the IVPA’s Principles and Practices as guidelines for good programming as well as meet stringent membership criteria. IVPA is an association of volunteer sending organizations but does not organize or run its own volunteer programs.
The Main Duties of this position are to support the online branding and marketing presence of IVPA
The Responsibilities of this position will vary but may include the following:
- Take part in the rollout of a new social media campaign
- Curate content for dissemination on social media platforms
- Contact and liaison with potential social media partners
- Author special topic IVPA Blog Posts and Newsletter articles
- Support administrative projects and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in international volunteering, cross-cultural exchange and/or previous international travel or study abroad experience
- Ability to work independently, remotely and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Understanding and experience with social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and copy writing skills
Hours and Length of Service: Intern hours are flexible and will be arranged prior to start date. Intern must be willing to offer a minimum of four months of service or 125 hours. A longer commitment is preferred.
Supervision: Intern’s responsibilities and work arrangements will be coordinated with and supervised by the IVPA Director.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter & resume. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications received electronically will be reviewed. No calls please. Deadline: April 26, 2014
Thank you for your interest.